Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Los Angeles 2022: Day 2

 

*NOTE* All copied and pasted all of this text from facebook. Most of these sentences are captions accompany specific photos. If you think it “reads weird” you’re RIGHT! 

Los Angeles Day 2: 

I stayed at the hotel for a VERY long time. I know that when I pick up Parker tonight, he's going to want to go see a midnight screening of Kill Bill Vol. 2 at Tarantino's theater. By the time I finally made it out I decided to check out Golden Apple Comics (a hot spot for nerdy celebrities.) I rank every comic shop in the country by how many copies of comic books I've worked on they carry. Good news, they must be all sold out because I didn't see any! YippEE! Some late afternoon recon to see where I'm going tonight. Local cuisine. My darling wife will be proud. Here it is: Occidental College. Parker has been here for the past two weeks. Betsy and Dash dropped him off, and I'm here to pick him up. The original plan was for me to see the film maker showcase at 7:00. Well, two days ago, two campers tested positive for Covid so parents are NOT invited. I'll just hang in the parking lot and wander the campus until he's done! I did it! Just like Liam Neeson in "Taken," I've travelled across the country to get my son back at all costs! The big difference is that Parker wasn't kidnapped and sold to human traffickers and I don't "have a very particular set of skills that I have acquired over a very long career that make me a nightmare for people like you." Kill Bill Vol. 2 at midnight. The marquee as it should be! 


No comments:

Post a Comment