Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Spider-man, 2002





I didn't paint another "mural" until 1998. By that point, I was working at a local movie theater. In an effort to promote "A Bug's Life," management was looking for an artist to paint the characters on the front windows. Myself and a cadre of employee/friends finished the characters in about a day. I don't think much of it now, and I didn't think much of it at the time either. (I only think of it as I type this blog. If any photos were taken of it, it wasn't by me.)

What I DID take pictures of was a giant Spider-man I painted in the Summer 0f '02. This was my most monumental attempt at a larger-sized painting. I drew the picture on paper and colored it with a limited marker palette, and then "gridded" the whole thing on the front windows with dry-erase markers. This was to be the last painting I painted on the theater windows as an employee. By the time fall 2002 rolled along I was officially an art teacher.

I have no idea which poor employee had to clean it up, or how.


(Hard to believe I was still taking pictures with FILM back in 2002!)

No comments:

Post a Comment