Tuesday, August 31, 2010

North Florida Fair, 2003


ALSO, in 2003, I painted this mural at the North Florida Fair Grounds.
I've wore the fact that I've NEVER attended the North Florida Fair like a badge of honor.
I broke my 25 year streak in the fall of 2003. A parent of a student of mine at Oak Ridge noticed the mural I painted in the cafeteria and recommended me for a little mural for the fair. I painted this backdrop in the agricultural building. There is a sandbox that goes in front of the painting where they bury potatoes and children dig them up. They paid me for the project and gave the missus and I free admission. We had fun, but have never been back.

Also, our youngest just turned 1 today! Happy birthday big guy! Remind me to get into THAT story later.

No comments:

Post a Comment