Thursday, November 18, 2010

Pop Culture Cyborgs



The problem with cyborgs is…

I don’t really have a problem with cyborgs. I think cyborgs are awesome.

What’s not to love about any characters that are part human and part robot?

The dilemma I face as an artist drawing a cyborg for someone else is always the question: How much or what part? Fractions. Great.

The human head is just a ball that can be divided into a finite number of ways: front, back, left side, right side, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, whatever.

What I did, was devise this chart to illustrate to different writers/creative types the various ways mechanics/organics have been combined in pop culture (at least all the combinations I could think of.)

I really made this to help avoid treading water (for hours!) in the wrong ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment