Sunday, September 5, 2010

Frida Kahlo



Back in the Spring of 2009, I was really running out of ideas for my FOCUS group. The kids were acting up and my tolerance of my job comes to an all time low leading into Spring Break. The 3rd Nine Weeks is actually 11-12 weeks long. I decided to appropriate some wood form another art teacher (Thanks Pam Brewster!) and drew/cut out the forms of nine artists from art history. I would have two two kids paint the figure (mostly "flats" under my direction) and after school I would add details. These have come in handy in the years since then because they can be carted around classrooms and add color to boring hallways. They have become a unique feature to our school. Many of them decorate my classroom this year, as you can plainly see.

No comments:

Post a Comment