Tuesday, November 22, 2022

G.I. Joe 300

 From Facebook:

A quick post regarding thankfulness: Back in June I made the move from being an elementary school art teacher over to middle school. This was a big change that I’m still adjusting to. I was sad that I wouldn’t get to contribute to G.I. Joe anymore with IDW losing the license by the end of the year. Then, at the end of the FIRST DAY of school, I got an invite for a PSA at the end of issue 300! The goal was to illustrate three pages in the style of the 80’s cartoon. With a tight deadline, I tried really hard to paint the backgrounds with water colors and colored pencils. Joe deserves it for his 40th anniversary.
(Eagle-eyed readers might even notice that the Joes are meeting in the Deerlake auditorium.)
And now you know…



No comments:

Post a Comment