Monday, September 1, 2014

FT Cover #7, part1

Bouncing around a bit, I felt inspired to paint the covers for Flash Trotters 4,5,6,7 and 8 this summer.

That didn't happen.

Some time in June or July (I really don't remember) I was able to gesso and draw the cover to Flash Totter #7 (no, I haven't even written it yet!) During Pre-planning week and the first week of school, I was able to complete it. For the next four days, I will be posting my progress. I usually paint by filling in ares of color first. For this one, I swam against the current and painted one element at a time and I think the results speak for themselves. It ended up being one of those few pieces where it didn't look like I painted it. Those are my favorites. We'll see how 4,5,6, and 8 end up.

We went to Wild Adventures  for Big D's birthday yesterday. Brought the whole family and then some: Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Joey, Little P, Big D, the Missus and Me, Miss Lindsay, Miss Karissa, Ella, Cole, Owen, Kylie AND Luke. We left the house at 8:45am and didn't come home until 9:30pm. It was a long and glorious day! As a result, the birthday boy fell asleep and I didn't read to the kids. (Days 90&105 having not read to them.)

No comments:

Post a Comment