Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thoughts on Business Cards....

It's very rare that anyone asks my for a business card. So rare in fact, that I've never bothered to print any. If it's someone I want to work with, I'll usually jot down some contact information on whatever scrap of paper is lying around.

After my art lecture/teaching gig in Thomasville last month, someone asked about a potential comicbook gig that sounded really promising.

And then he asked me for a business card.

I felt like such an amateur. I need a business card if I want to be seen as some kind of pro.

Somebody posted this years ago on the Gaijin Studios message boards and it recently resurfaced in my brain. It's funny I could even find it on YouTube. All I remembered was that this guy had an awesome business card. So I typed in "awesome business card" and it was the first hit. Now the guy comes across a little sleazy and douchey but I do think he had some good points. The business card I have from the old "9-5" is a snoozer.

No comments:

Post a Comment