Thursday, May 23, 2019

Painting the 2019 Mural (Part 13)

Here I am drawing additional figures on the Mural (tubing leprechaun). I have never drawn the characters over the painted background. This is new this year. I usually want the base color of the wall to show through and not a kaleidoscope of colors leaking through the characters. I will probably paint over these characters with white to make their colors pop (extra step). I REALLY wanted to have the mural done before Mulan Jr. took over my life. As it is, I'm having a hard time building up momentum getting back into mural painting. That being said, this particular photo was taken last month (April 22) and I am still farther along with this mural at this point than I was with last years' mural at the same date.

No comments:

Post a Comment