Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Force Awakens (deleted scene)

A writer asked me to illustrate the ONE scene his thought was lacking from Star Wars: The Force Awakens. It involves a little story beat that has Chewie and Leia mourning Han in their own way. In another parallel with Star Wars, it DID bother me in the same way that Chewbacca not getting a medal at the end of the original did. So in that sense I appreciate it's absence. And of course, wounded Finn becomes the analog of wounded Artoo.
The writer (Rob Kelly) didn't ask for a comic book style illustration. I just wanted to see what the comic book adaptation would have looked like if Al Williamson had drawn it thirty years ago. I thought it worked well if it were a deleted scene that made it into the Marvel adaptation.

No comments:

Post a Comment