Thursday, August 26, 2010

Hulk, 2003




So I'm no longer a movie theater employee, yet here I am the following spring painting a mural for the then, upcoming Incredible Hulk film. For this mural, adapted from a Michael Golden drawing that I really liked, I wanted to make it, well, "Hulking." The Spider-man painting was wide, so I wanted to make this one tall. From the inside of the theater, there is a balcony across the lobby (you can see it above the Spider-man photos.) I put a twelve(?) foot ladder on it to reach the highest parts of the windows. Needless to say, it was very dizzying. Thankfully, when I paint, I'm "in the zone" so the not-looking-down part was taken care of. The photo in the middle has been augmented to reduce glare. Again, not sure who had to clean it up.

Painting the mural was more memorable that the movie itself turned out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment